Launched in 2013 and based in Saint-Nazaire, France, Film Washi is the world’s smallest company to produce photographic materials. Specialized in handcrafted film making and industrial film conversion, Film Washi offers a wide range of unique and innovative films.
Film Washi’s “Specialty Films” are coated by machines in other factories – but are not made for standard photography. They may have been designed for exposure through automatic machines, like motion picture sound or leader film, or even not intended for visible light, like X-ray films. Some of these films are designed for specific governmental or military uses, like surveillance films. However, these films can be hacked from their intended use – for artistic or fun purposes! That is why Film Washi converts them to standard formats to make them usable in classic cameras.
Film “F” is a special fluorographic X-ray film – used specifically for chest and lung exams. This is the first time this film has been made available in 35mm. It is a truly a unique film which, without an anti-halation layer, offering a high diffusion effect, and beautiful grain.
“F” is recommended when photographing portrait, still life, landscape, and all classic subjects.
- FLUOROGRAPHIC BLACK & WHITE X-RAY FILM (re-purposed for still cameras)
- 100 ISO
- Grain: high
- Contrast: medium
- Base: polyester
- Darkroom safe: total darkness
- Loading: under shadow
- This film has an extended leader to avoid the light piping effect – shoot 6 blank photos to start the roll, and the remaining 24 as normal
- The diffusion effect can change depending of the light conditions, it is also much stronger in 135 than in 120 format.
- See Datasheet for processing instructions.
LAB PROCESSING WARNING: Due to the special nature of Film Washi products, some film processing labs may add additional handling charges.