LAB-BOX is a multi-format tank that allows film development, from start to end, in full daylight, bypassing the need to load the rolls in a darkroom or changing bag.
The ARS-IMAGO LAB-BOX 135 (Black) is the basic setup required for LAB-BOX processing. It includes the basic lid, tank, knob, the 135 module, and the 35mm reel. To process 120 size film, the 120 module must be bought separately – or as part of the LAB-BOX 2 MODULE KIT. ARS-IMAGO also offers an optional hand crank for ease of use during continuous agitation development. To process 35mm, the film leader must be outside the film cartridge; ARS-IMAGO offers their Film Leader Retriever to pull them out.
- Universal and Modular: with one tank it is possible to develop both 135 and 120 ﬁlm rolls, simply by switching the module.
- Compact and Portable: its compact size allows for easy carrying, in a bag or backpack.
- Quick and Easy: ﬁlm rolls can be loaded and developed in daylight, through an intuitive and simple process.
- Versatile and Professional: it is perfectly suitable for beginners, but will also meet the needs of more experienced photographers, offering the possibility to experiment with different developing processes. Room temperature processing (as for most B&W developers) is ideal, but the LAB-BOX can be weighted and partially submerged in a water bath for higher temperature processes (for Color films).
- The 135 Module has a film slot where the 35mm cartridge is positioned and blocked. The film is then clipped and the lid is closed in order to rotate the outer knob and load the ﬁlm onto the reel. Once fully loaded, an internal blade cuts the ﬁlm, separating it from the cartridge. A turn of the knob puts the last bit of film on the reel and it is ready for processing.
- Basic Lid
- 135 module
- 35mm reel
- Multiformat Film Guide
- Dimension: 182 x 124 x 98 mm
- Weight: 700g
- Material: ABS, Stainless steel
- Tank capacity: 270 – 500 ml